Ecosystem Development Manager
As companies are rolling out Internet-of-Things applications, they notice that these IoT applications often operate in silos and don’t integrate well with existing IT back-end systems and cloud applications. This leads to inflexible solutions with high integration costs.
Waylay is an award-winning IoT service orchestration platform that breaks down silos by connecting devices with SW applications and online services. Waylay makes automation and integration faster, smarter and more scalable and transforms vertical, stand-alone IoT applications into end-to-end business solutions.
Waylay is deployed from the cloud, as a PaaS (platform-as-a-service) solution and has customer references in multiple verticals including smart home, connected building and industrial IoT.
To accelerate growth, we are looking for a hands-on ecosystem business development manager to join our team. As IoT is the game of ecosystems, you will be responsible for setting up partnerships with other stakeholders in the IoT ecosystem in order to ensure the growth of Waylay through co-marketing, co-selling and reselling opportunities. You will be responsible for contacting partners, discovering and formulating a joint value proposition, closing cooperation contracts and coordinating with sales such that these actions lead to commercial success. You are willing to engage on the long term and be part of the growth of the company.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in B2B business development. Prior experience in a startup context is a bonus.
- You are knowledgeable about IoT, PaaS/SaaS, the API economy and SW integration.
- You are multilingual (English, Dutch. French and/or German is a bonus).
- You are able to articulate the Waylay value proposition to partners.
- You have good presentation skills.
- You have essential project management skills and follow-up on action points.
- You are hands-on and you can give product demos to partners.
- You value teamwork and accountability.
- You have excellent listening and presentation skills.
- You have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- You represent Waylay with energy and drive.
- You identify, propose and contact potential business partners.
- You discover and explore opportunities of working together to shorten sales cycles and enable long-term growth.
- You travel for in-person meetings with partners and build and maintain strong, long-lasting relationships. This includes short business trips abroad.
- You effectively communicate Waylay’s value proposition through presentations.
- You understand vertical-specific ecosystems and trends. You monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to the team.
- You keep your knowledge up-to-date by attending networking events; maintaining personal networks and representing Waylay at fairs.
- You work closely with sales, marketing and the Waylay management team.
- You work from our head offices in Ghent, Belgium and report directly to the CEO.