DevOps isn’t a specific role – it’s a methodology for quickly building software and maintaining reliable services. So, flexibility and a willingness to learn new skills are imperative traits for DevOps. DevOps must have a wide breadth of knowledge across the entire software delivery and deployment lifecycle. Nobody expects DevOps to be an expert in everything from docker, drone, jenkins, grafana, databases, backups, scripting, terraform to kubernetes, but understanding how these tools function together at a high level is necessary for a DevOps culture focused on collaboration and transparency.
- You are part of the Waylay services/DevOps team
- You are responsible for running and improving existing Waylay’s cloud microservice infrastructure
- Work closely with developers to improve visibility and observability of Waylay services
- Take responsibility for realising Waylay SLA’s towards end customers
- Handle customer & partner support requests & incident tickets in a timely and professional manner
- 'Customer first' mindset, willing to provide support for escalations outside working hours
- Provide constant feedback to engineering and management on possible improvements
- Follow up on the latest cloud technologies and show general interest in software engineering
- Expertise with container orchestration systems and microservices (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of configuration management and server automation frameworks (Terraform, Ansible, etc.)
- CI/CD tooling and implementation (Jenkins, Drone, etc.)
- Database administration experience (Mongo, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, etc.)
- A good understanding of Git
- Scripting and shell programming expertise (Bash, Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Experience with server and cloud monitoring systems
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Laptop of your choice
- Lots of room for career development
- Work from a great location in the centre of Gent
- Work on the latest technology as part of a a highly qualified team
What's it like working at Waylay?
- Rewarding work, knowing you’re working on something that will have a great impact on companies and people in the near future.
- Get it done. Zero bureaucracy. Make a direct impact.
- Work together with passionate people who put team before ego.