Sales Development Rep
As companies are rolling out Internet-of-Things applications, they realize that data collection and data visualization in dashboards does not automatically translate into increased business value.
IoT data analysis combined with near real-time automation for alerting and anomaly detection are key components, often missing in plain vanilla IoT device clouds. Waylay is an award-winning IoT automation platform that provides near real-time analytics, anomaly detection and that gets the right information to the right stakeholders at the right time.
Waylay’s middleware platform transforms vertical, stand-alone IoT applications into end-to-end business solutions by connecting IoT device clouds with SW applications and online services
Waylay is deployed from the cloud, as a PaaS (platform-as-a-service) solution and powers customer solutions in multiple verticals including smart home, connected building and industrial IoT.
To accelerate growth, we are looking for a hands-on sales development rep. You will be responsible for creating qualified outbound leads for the sales team as well as qualifying leads that came in via inbound marketing. You are willing to engage on the long term and be part of the growth of the company.
- You are responsible for outbound lead generation
- You create ideal customer target profiles. You research and map target customers, their needs and key persons. You find contacts within that organization
- You work on either new prospects or prospects that have gone cold for at least 6 months
- You reach out to key customers via personalized mass emails to find right contact persons
- You follow-up with customers on a call to assess their needs and a potential fit. You are able to connect the customer’s needs to the Waylay solution
- You hand over new qualified opportunities to sales
- You help qualifying leads coming in via inbound marketing
- You prospect fair attendees and set up meetings for the sales teams w/ these prospects at fairs
Skills and experience
- You have worked in a SW startup or a small SW organization in a similar role of outbound business development
- You have a basic understanding of IoT, PaaS/SaaS, the service economy and SW integration
- You are multilingual (Dutch, fluent English is mandatory, French and/or German is a bonus)
- You take on full responsibility for creating qualified leads for Waylay
- You value teamwork and accountability
- You are to the point and accurately document your work
- You can articulate the distinct aspects of the Waylay product
- You have excellent verbal and written communications skills
- You are positive and with lots of energy, you don’t easily give in
- You are creative in the way you approach customers