Sales manager, Benelux & France
As companies are rolling out Internet-of-Things applications, they realize that data collection and data visualization in dashboards does not automatically translate into increased business value.
IoT data analysis combined with near real-time automation for alerting and anomaly detection are key components, often missing in plain vanilla IoT device clouds.
Waylay is an award-winning IoT automation platform that provides near real-time analytics, anomaly detection and that gets the right information to the right stakeholders at the right time. Waylay’s middleware platform transforms vertical, stand-alone IoT applications into end-to-end business solutions by connecting IoT device clouds with SW applications and online services
Waylay is deployed from the cloud, as a PaaS (platform-as-a-service) solution and powers customer solutions in multiple verticals including smart home, connected building and industrial IoT.
To accelerate growth, we are looking for a hands-on B2B sales manager to join our team with experience in Paas/SaaS SW sales. You are willing to engage on the long term and be part of the growth of the company. You will be responsible for executing the sales action plan, engaging with customers from plan to close.
- You are responsible for direct sales of the Waylay product in Benelux and France.
- You travel for in-person meetings with customers in Benelux and France and build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships.
- You partner with customers to understand their business needs and objectives. You manage customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction.
- You effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations.
- You understand vertical-specific ecosystems and trends. You monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to the team.
- You develop and execute a strategic plan to achieve sales targets and to expand the company’s customer base.
- You provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting.
- You own and hit/exceed annual sales targets within assigned territory and accounts.
Skills & Experience
- 5 years of experience in B2B sales for cloud SW products. Prior experience in a startup context is a bonus.
- You are knowledgeable about IoT, PaaS/SaaS, the service economy and SW integration.
- You have a large network in the following domains: manufacturers of appliances and HVAC equipment, system integrators, utilities, retail, building management solutions.
- You are multilingual (Dutch, French, English).
- You are hands-on and you can give product demos to customers.
- You take on full responsibility to execute the sales cycle from plan to close.
- You value teamwork and accountability.
- You have a demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization.
- You can articulate the distinct aspects of products and services and position them against competitors.
- You demonstrate experience in developing client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions.
- You have excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- You have excellent verbal and written communications skills.