Senior Technical Presales
As companies are rolling out Internet-of-Things applications, they notice that these IoT applications often operate in silos and don’t integrate well with existing IT back-end systems and cloud applications. This leads to inflexible solutions with high integration costs.
Waylay is an award-winning IoT automation and service orchestration platform that breaks down silos by connecting devices with SW applications and online services. Waylay makes automation and integration faster, smarter and more scalable and transforms vertical, stand-alone IoT applications into end-to-end business solutions.
Waylay is deployed from the cloud, as a PaaS (platform-as-a-service) solution and has customer references in multiple verticals including smart home & appliances & smart buildings.
To accelerate growth, we are looking for a hands-on Senior Technical Presales to join our team. Your role is versatile and is a mix of technical presales and business development convincing customers to engage with Waylay.
- You provide demos and presentations to customers with technical depth e.g. for audience such as CTOs, system architects, R&D leads
- You work with customers on PoCs including PoC scope definition, SoW, success criteria, as well PoC execution and follow-up
- You occasionally write technical answers to tenders
- You build end-to-end demos, potentially involving products of third parties
- You contact and follow up with marketing leads
- You proactively reach out to some target accounts in target segments and conduct relevant market research
- You work with and assist marketing in the creation of new assets: technical blogs, data sheets, etc.
- You support partners from a technical perspective (calls & meetings, internally or with customers)
- You represent Waylay and give presentations at industry events and fairs
- Occasionally, you provide customer training
- In coordination with the project manager, you keep in touch with existing customers to identify upsell opportunities
- Ability and willingness to travel and meet customers
- You report to the CEO of the company
Skills & Experience
- A strong technical background: bachelor’s and or master’s degree in IT and/or technology, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 to 10 years of relevant industry experience in a combination of product engineering, cloud services, product management and technical presales. Prior experience in a startup is a bonus.
- Good at solution-oriented thinking
- Business development and business acumen
- English - good writing and speaking skills
- Presentation skills
- Well organized, able to multitask, own and manage multiple deadlines to successful completion.
- Ability to synthesize information from multiple sources into a coherent plan. You have time management and planning skills
- You radiate drive and energy and can move forward in good and in bad times
- You display leadership through innovation in everything you do
- You display personal & company integrity
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. You are a good listener. Track record for communicating effectively across an organization.
- You value teamwork and accountability.
- Self-starter with a positive outlook.