As companies are rolling out Internet-of-Things applications, they notice that these IoT applications often operate in silos and don’t integrate well with existing IT back-end systems and cloud applications. This leads to inflexible solutions with high integration costs.
Waylay is an award-winning IoT automation and service orchestration platform that breaks down silos by connecting devices with SW applications and online services. Waylay makes automation and integration faster, smarter and more scalable and transforms vertical, stand-alone IoT applications into end-to-end business solutions.
Waylay is deployed from the cloud, as a PaaS (platform-as-a-service) solution and has customer references in multiple verticals including smart home & appliances & smart buildings.
To accelerate growth, we are looking for a hands-on VP services to join our team. Backed by a strong R&D team and product organization, the VP services will build and lead a team of project managers, solution architects, devops and SW developers. You will be responsible for building, leading and managing the service team. You are trusted by customers and build long-term relationships.
You are willing to engage on the long term and be part of the growth of Waylay.
- You are responsible for the Waylay services team and work cross-functional with the R&D team.
- You lead the customer support, devops as well as customer project implementations.
- You build and engage the services team.
- You make services budget estimates for inclusion in customer proposals and you follow-up on project costs versus budget.
- You build a long-term trust relationship with customers and you are the first point of escalation for customers. Customers can rely on your professionalism, transparency and to-the-point communication.
- You are hands-on and able to understand customer problems and how Waylay’s technology can resolve these.
- You work with the team to get the job done and ensure that customer satisfaction is at a high level.
- You are responsible for hiring, developing and retaining talent
- You lead the team to productively work through challenges.
- You define key skills, training, and development paths for a team members
- Ability and willingness to occasionally travel required
- You report to the CEO and CTO of the company.
Skills and experience
- Bachelor’s and or master’s degree in business and/or technology, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10 years of relevant industry experience in a combination of product engineering, cloud services, and field services. Prior experience in a startup is a bonus.
- The ability to individually coach, mentor and develop services team members to enhance their performance on providing value added services from demand generation through delivery. Also, to evaluate performance and provide individual mentoring and development plans.
- Well organized, able to multitask, own and manage multiple deadlines to successful completion. Ability to synthesize information from multiple sources into a coherent plan. You have time management and planning skills.
- You radiate drive and energy and can move a team forward in good and in bad times.
- Displays leadership through innovation in everything you do.
- Displays a passion for what you do and a drive to improve.
- Displays a relentless commitment to win.
- Displays personal & corporate integrity.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. You are a good listener. Track record for communicating effectively across an organization.
- You value teamwork and accountability.
- Self-starter with a positive outlook